Dr. Alpert has presented programs on Aesthetic and Functional dentistry throughout South Carolina as well as the South Carolina State Dental Meeting, Sligo, Ireland, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Connecticut, Alabama, Texas , Ohio, Washington D.C., New Jersey and Massachusetts ; as well as presentations for the Hinman Clinic in Atlanta, the Indiana State Dental Association, Kansas State Dental Association, California Dental Association, Hawaii Dental Association’s Annual Conference, The Chicago Mid-winter Meeting, the annual meeting of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry, and the annual meeting of the American Equilibration Society. Dr. Alpert received the prestigious Pierre Fauchard Academy special award for being the most outstanding dentist in South Carolina.
- Eagle Scout
- Program Chairman for 7 Annual meetings of the S.C. Dental Association
- Past President of the Greenville County Dental Association
- Past President of the S.C. Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- Past President of the Piedmont District Dental Society
- Past Chairman of the Department of Dentistry of the Greenville Hospital
- Past Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education.
- Served on Board of Trustees 10 Years.
- A Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- A Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- Member: American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Member: American Dental Association Life Member
- Member: American Equilibration Society
- Academy of General Dentistry Emeritus Member
- Presents a 2 day seminar of hands on programs, on “How To Create Dental Harmony.”Includes lectures, demonstrations and participation. Class size is limited .
- Dr. Alpert has retired from clinical practice but remains a consultant to the practice.
- Linda and I enjoy spending time with our children and grandchildren.
- Landscape watercolor painting is a special interest of mine.
- I have fun playing golf with my sons Alan, Richard Jr. and my brother Cal.