If trauma, disease, or decay has resulted in the loss of one or more of your teeth you may be a candidate for dental implants. Missing teeth cause the destruction of the jaw bone. Extensive bone loss can lead to many unpleasant symptoms including a collapsing of the jaw bone, multiple instances of tooth loss and a deformed appearance of your face. Dental implants are designed to replace the roots of your missing tooth or teeth and function to stimulate jaw bone health and hold your replacement tooth/teeth in place. As such, dental implants appear and function just like your natural tooth or teeth. With proper maintenance an implant can last a lifetime, making your dental problems a thing of the past.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Oral Health – Unlike dental bridges, dental implants don’t require altering other teeth.
- Durability – Dental implants can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
- Eating/Chewing – Dental implant functionality is far superior to a bridge or denture.
- Cosmetic – Dental implants appear & feel like your real tooth or teeth.
- Speech – Dental implants don’t slip resulting in crisper speech.
- Comfort – Dental implants are more comfortable than other tooth replacement options.