Patients all over Greenville and the Upstate often come to us with damaged teeth due to old fillings, fractures, and/or accidents. In these situations porcelain crowns may be the proper treatment solution. A crown/cap is a complete tooth covering that protects and strengthens the tooth structure while restoring the tooth to its original shape & size.
In addition to protecting fragile or damaged teeth, Dr. Lindner ensures your porcelain crowns look and feel just like your natural teeth.
What does getting a crown involve?
The process for the preparation and placement of a crown will usually take two visits to the dentist. The first visit is typically for the preparation of the tooth, and the second for the placement and the adjustments necessary to get the perfect fit.
- Local anesthesia will be administered to the area to be treated to insure your comfort.
- If the tooth is severely worn down, Dr. Lindner will build it up with a material to give it a strong foundation to support the crown. The tooth will then be prepared and shaped the necessary thickness to allow for the custom fabricated crown.
- Once the tooth has been reshaped, the dentist makes an impression of the receiving tooth, and the surrounding teeth, to make sure that the resulting crown will blend with the correct bite.
- These impressions will become the basis for the fabrication of the crown in our in-house dental laboratory.
- A temporary crown will be fabricated and fit to the tooth to be worn by the patient during the time the crown is made.
- When the crown is finished, the dentist will remove the temporary crown and check the color and fit of the permanent crown.
- Once the crown is checked for fit and matches the natural teeth the crown will be permanently bonded into place and balanced to fit.
All of our crowns are handcrafted by our ceramist in our on-site dental laboratory to give you a beautiful aesthetic result. If you’re considering Dental Crowns in Greenville, SC please feel free to call our office at 864-233-4166 to schedule an appointment.
As always, Dr. Lindner and everyone at Create Dental Harmony will make sure you understand the procedure and any future care or maintenance that is required.